Hands-on with Cura (Zoom Workshop)
Join Digital Scholarship Librarian Kristy GD in this Zoom workshop for a hands-on lesson in preparing 3D models with Cura to 3D print. For this workshop, you’ll be provided with a simple model and will follow along to create a print file from that model. After the basic steps are reviewed, we’ll go through an exercise where you can apply more complex settings to any model. There will be models available for you to choose from, or you can bring your own. No experience required; questions welcome.
To participate in this workshop, you’ll need the following:
- A computer with Ultimaker CURA installed prior to the workshop
- A 3d model you’d like to print (Optional - additional models will be provided during the workshop)
After this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Set up Cura for an off-line Ultimaker printer
- Import a 3D model into Cura
- Re-size, rotate, scale, and place one or more models on the build plate
- Choose the appropriate print settings for a basic model
- Understand where to find more detailed print settings for more complex models
- Know which settings you can alter to affect print time and detail based on the desired results
Registration is required. The Zoom link will be emailed to you the morning of the workshop. UCSC Zoom meetings now require Zoom 5.0 or newer. Check your version and update to the latest, most secure version.
Hands-on workshops offered by the Library’s Digital Scholarship team involve active participation with a digital tool. Workshops will alternate between larger group presentations and breakout sessions supported by trained students assistants, and may require installation of specific software to participate.